We are closely monitoring information about COVID-19 and in compliance with recommendations from the State of Minnesota, limited services are available at all libraries. To learn more about additional services in your community, call your local library. We are working on reopening in phases and making sure safety protocols are in place as well as the supplies to maintain them. We are offering many services, including curbside or in-person pick up of requested items at all libraries, Print2Go, computers by appointment, and are working to add others.
You can find any updates to questions on this page, and we will note when it has been updated.
Updated 7/24/2020 9:02 a.m.
- Book drops: items may be returned during library hours and sometimes more often--contact your local library for details
- Computer appointments: make an appointment for computer services by calling your library
- Curbside pick-up: requested items may be picked up at curbside, or in some locations, in libraries (sometimes with self check)--see our hours for availability at your library
- Digital resources: our digital collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and streaming content is always available online at our Digital Materials page
- Card registration: you may register online for an eCard or renew your card online, or visit a library during their hours for card registration at curbside/limited services hours
- Staff assistance: email, chat, call your library, or call our hotline 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775)
- Virtual programs & take-home activities: virtual events can be found online, on our Facebook pages, and other activities can be found on our events calendar
Limited services/picking up materials
- All branches are providing curbside or in-person pick up of requested items during the hours listed on this page.
- Some libraries are open for limited services like picking up items on hold in person; some libraries will remain closed until further notice to align with social distancing guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- For libraries with access to browsing and other in-person services, visits should be more like a trip to the grocery store--grab & go! Seating will be limited and toys removed from children's areas. Meeting rooms are also unavailable. Mask/face covering required for entry per statewide Executive Order 20-81 (children under age 5 are exempt).
- Sartell GRRL2GO lockers are available during limited hours; patrons will receive contact about picking up items from the lockers.
Requesting items/items on hold
- To request items, you may use our online catalog or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) or your local library.
- Items on hold will expire within 10 days, an extension of our previous 7 day hold, to allow more time for pickup.
- You may pick up your requested items at our libraries via curbside, and some locations are allowing in-person pick-up, too.
Computers by appointment
- You may now use computers by appointment at all libraries effective July 1, 2020.
- To make an appointment, contact your local library or out hotline at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775).
- Follow signage at the library, including instructions on social distancing.
- For assistance at computers, masks are required; we have masks if needed.
- You may also do curbside pickup of printed documents.
- Follow these the steps on our Print2Go page.
- Call the library from the parking lot when you are ready to pick them up; please have cash payment ready (per side printed: 10 cents for b&w, 50 cents for color).
- You may call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775); hotline hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m, Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friendly library staff are happy to answer library and community questions, as well as reference questions.
- You may also call libraries directly during their hours.
Returning items/book drops/due dates
- Book drops are available for returns during curbside hours. Some locations may have extended return hours; contact your local library for details.
- If a book drop is closed, please do not leave items for return. Please follow instructions on signage for returns.
- Normal due dates resumed on Monday, June 8; items may be renewed online or by phone--hotline is 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775).
- Note that items returned are being held in quarantine for a few days, so they may appear on your account as overdue during this time--they will be back-dated to the date of return. If you have any issues with items, please contact your local library for account assistance.
- To find out exact due dates for your items, you may login to your account online or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL or your local library during their service hours.
Donations of books/other items
- Please do not donate materials during this closure.
- If your library card has expired, you may submit a renewal request online or call us to renew your account over the phone: 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) or call your local library.
Registering for a library card
- All ages may register for cards online--you may also register for cards during our curbside/appointment service hours at your local library.
- Accounts may also be upgraded from e-cards to regular cards during curbside/limited service hours.
- eBooks/eAudiobooks are available for patrons via OverDrive/Libby, Axis360, eBooksMN, TumbleBooks, etc.
- We are working to add materials to the online collections.
- Just this spring, we've added Hoopla, a streaming service to our roster of digital content, which has telvision, movies, music, eBooks and eAudiobooks, all with no waiting! Limited to 4 checkouts per card per month.
- New books, DVDs, and other items are being added to our catalog regularly; these are available by request online or over the phone for curbside pickup.
- Additional resources are being added to our digital page as they are available.
- In-person group library programs/events/outreach have been postponed or cancelled until further notice.
- You can find online events on our virtual events page and curbside events on our events calendar.
- We are streaming programs on GRRL's Facebook--no login required.
- We are running online reading and activity challenges on Beanstack for all ages.