This page was updated on 8/19/2021
We are closely monitoring information about COVID-19 and in compliance with recommendations from the State of Minnesota. We will update the information below as we are able.
To learn more about additional services in your community, call your local library.
Are libraries open?
- Yes,GRRL libraries are open during the hours listed on this page.
- We may occasionally have to close libraries for a period of time. When we do, we will post a closing announcement on this website. If we need to adjust hours of service, we will update this page.
- For patrons who need an accommodation or otherwise request it, libraries are providing curbside pick up of requested items.
- Sartell GRRL2GO lockers are available; patrons will receive contact about picking up items from the lockers.
I need to get or renew my library card. Can I do that?
- All ages may register for cards online--you may also register for cards at your local library.
- Accounts may also be upgraded from e-cards to regular cards at your local library during regular service hours.
- If your library card has expired, you may submit a renewal request online or call us to renew your account over the phone: 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) or call your local library.
Can I return checked out items?
- Yes! Please return your items to any GRRL library.
- Book drops are open at all times in most locations. Contact your local library for details.
- If a book drop is closed, please do not leave items for return. Please follow instructions on signage for returns.
- To find out the exact due dates for your items, you may login to your account online or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL or your local library during their service hours.
Can I request items and pick up my holds?
- Yes! To request items, you may use our online catalog or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) or your local library.
- Once the items arrive at your local library, we will hold hold them for you for seven days before making them available to other patrons.
- Requested items may be picked up at your selected library branch or by curbside pickup.
Are you adding more library materials?
- You bet we are! eBooks/eAudiobooks are available for patrons via OverDrive/Libby, eBooksMN, TumbleBooks, etc.
- Just this spring, we've added Hoopla, a streaming service to our roster of digital content, which has television, movies, music, eBooks and eAudiobooks, all with no waiting! Limited to 4 checkouts per card per month.
- New books, DVDs, and other items are being added to our catalog regularly; these are available by request online or over the phone.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks are being added to our digital page as they are available.
- Have a suggestion? Let us know using by using the online Suggest a Title form.
Can I use the public computer at the library?
- Call your local library to make an appointment. Walk-up appointments are also accepted, although we cannot guarantee immediate availability.
What services are available online or by phone?
- Digital resources: our digital collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and streaming content is always available online at our Digital Materials page
- Card registration: you may register online for an eCard or renew your card online, or visit a library during their hours for card registration at grab-and-go/limited services hours or curbside.
- WiFi access: All GRRL libraries have public wifi. In a number of our locations, we have worked with the city to expand access to outside the library as well.
- Staff assistance: email, chat, call your library, or call our hotline 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775)
Can I print documents at the library?
- Yes! You can reserve a computer or use our Print2Go service to upload your prints from your own device.
- For Print2Go, follow these the steps on our Print2Go page.
- We also offer curbside pickup of printed documents. Call the library from the parking lot when you are ready to pick them up; please have cash payment ready (per side printed: 10 cents for b&w, 50 cents for color).
Do you have programs at the library?
- Yes! We are offering limited in-person programs while continuing to offer virtual programs & take-home activities as well.
- Check out our events calendar for more information and to register for programs. You can limit your search by location, participant age, and more.
- You can find previous online events on our virtual events page.
- We are running online reading and activity challenges on Beanstack for all ages.
Can I drop off some donated books?
- Wow, we appreciate you thinking of us! However, please do not donate materials at this time.
More questions? Let us know!
- You may call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775); hotline hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m, Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Try the Ask A Libarian chat.
- Friendly library staff are happy to answer library and community questions, as well as reference questions.
- You may also call libraries directly during their hours.