We are closely monitoring information about COVID-19 and in compliance with recommendations from the State of Minnesota. To learn more about additional services in your community, call your local library. We are offering many services, including curbside or in-person pick up of requested items at all libraries, Print2Go, computers by appointment, and are working to add others. You can find any updates to questions on this page, and we will note when it has been updated.
Updated 9/11/2020 3:00 p.m.
Are libraries open?
- The majority of GRRL libraries are open for limited services during the hours listed on this page. However, we're not really 'back to normal.'
- At this time, we are requesting that the public practice "Grab and Go" in our libraries. This means that you are welcome to visit, pick up holds or browse the shelves and look for items. Public computers are available for limited use. However, seating will be limited, time limits are enforced, and toys have been removed from children's areas in order to limit potential exposure.
- Some libraries have significantly limited access for patrons inside the building, in compliance with state occupancy guidelines and/or to ensure local ability to mitigate exposure for staff and patrons.
- All GRRL libraries have guidelines in place to align with social distancing guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- We may occasionally have to close libraries for a period of time. When we do, we will post a closing notice in the banner above. If we need to adjust hours of service, we will update this page.
- For patrons who need accommodation or otherwise request it, libraries are providing curbside pick up of requested items.
- Meeting rooms are unavailable to the public and in-person programs are suspended.
- Mask/face covering is required for entry per statewide Executive Order 20-81 (children under age 5 are exempt). Those with medical or other exemptions are encouraged to contact their local library for curbside or other alternative services.
- Sartell GRRL2GO lockers are available during limited hours; patrons will receive contact about picking up items from the lockers.
I need to get or renew my library card. Can I do that?
- All ages may register for cards online--you may also register for cards at your local library.
- Accounts may also be upgraded from e-cards to regular cards at your local library during regular service hours.
- If your library card has expired, you may submit a renewal request online or call us to renew your account over the phone: 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) or call your local library.
Can I return checked out items?
- Yes! Please return your items to any GRRL library.
- Book drops are open at all times in most locations. However, some libraries are only able to maintain effective quarantine for returned items by limiting their book drop availability to library open hours. Contact your local library for details.
- If a book drop is closed, please do not leave items for return. Please follow instructions on signage for returns.
- Items returned are being held in quarantine for a few days, so they may appear on your account as overdue during this time--they will be back-dated to the date of return. If you have any issues with items, please contact your local library for account assistance.
- To find out exact due dates for your items, you may login to your account online or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL or your local library during their service hours.
Can I request items and pick up my holds?
- Yes! To request items, you may use our online catalog or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) or your local library.
- Items on hold will expire within 10 days, an extension of our previous 7 day hold, to allow more time for pickup.
- Requested items may be picked up via grab-and-go library visits or by curbside pickup.
Are you adding more library materials?
- You bet we are! eBooks/eAudiobooks are available for patrons via OverDrive/Libby, eBooksMN, TumbleBooks, etc.
- Just this spring, we've added Hoopla, a streaming service to our roster of digital content, which has television, movies, music, eBooks and eAudiobooks, all with no waiting! Limited to 4 checkouts per card per month.
- New books, DVDs, and other items are being added to our catalog regularly; these are available by request online or over the phone.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks are being added to our digital page as they are available.
- Have a suggestion? Let us know using by using the online Suggest a Title form.
Can I use the public computer at the library?
- Yes! In order to maintain social distancing between patrons, some locations have reduced the number of computers available.
- In order to maintain cleaning protocols, we will limit the amount of time an individual can use public computers.
- Call your local library to make an appointment. Walk up appointments are also accepted, although we cannot guarantee immediate availability.
What services are available online or by phone?
- Digital resources: our digital collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and streaming content is always available online at our Digital Materials page
- Card registration: you may register online for an eCard or renew your card online, or visit a library during their hours for card registration at grab-and-go/limited services hours or curbside.
- WiFi access: All GRRL libraries have public wifi. In a number of our locations we have worked with the city to expand access to outside the library as well.
- Staff assistance: email, chat, call your library, or call our hotline 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775)
- Virtual programs & take-home activities: virtual events can be found online, on our Facebook pages, and other activities can be found on our events calendar
Can I print documents at the library?
- Yes! You can reserve a computer or use our Print2Go service to upload your prints from your own device.
- For Print2Go, follow these the steps on our Print2Go page.
- We also offer curbside pickup of printed documents. Call the library from the parking lot when you are ready to pick them up; please have cash payment ready (per side printed: 10 cents for b&w, 50 cents for color).
Do you have programs at the library?
- In-person group library programs/events/outreach have been postponed or cancelled until further notice.
- We are offering limited online programs through Zoom or Facebook. Check out our events calendar for more information.
- You can find online events on our virtual events page and curbside events on our events calendar.
- We are running online reading and activity challenges on Beanstack for all ages.
Can I drop off some donated books?
- Wow, we appreciate you thinking of us! However, please do not donate materials at this time.
More questions? Let us know!
- You may call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775); hotline hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m, Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Try the Ask A Libarian chat.
- Friendly library staff are happy to answer library and community questions, as well as reference questions.
- You may also call libraries directly during their hours.