Join a Community. Join Beanstack!
Get reading suggestions from librarians, start a new book discussion group, go to a library program, or just stay warm inside with a great book! Register at your library or online!
Keep track of your reading, get book recommendations, and earn online badges to help make your reading a habit.
- Go to griver.beanstack.org.
- Choose Register an Individual or Family.
- Follow the prompts to register yourself and/or any family members.
- Make sure to include your email and phone number to be contacted about any prize drawings.
Register with App:
- Download the Beanstack Tracker app in your app store.
- Tap Get Started and select "Yup!" when asked if your library uses Beanstack.
- Type "Great River Regional Library."
- Tap Sign up and follow the prompts to register yourself and/or any family members.
- Choose a username and password
- Enter your name, email and/or phone number, and branch.
- Tap Fill Out My Reader Profile and follow the prompts to complete registration.
Hallow-Read Around the World (All Ages)
October 1 - October 31, 2021
Spooky season is upon us! In the U.S., Halloween is a holiday full of merrymaking, magic, and mischief. Many cultures celebrate life and death through rituals and celebrations with their communities. Learn about the origins and practices of various Halloween-like traditions around the world. Read all month long and complete activities to earn badges.
Register and log at https://griver.beanstack.org/ or on the free Beanstack Tracker app.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Help your little one get ready to read by reading 1,000 books before entering kindergarten. Reading aloud with children builds vocabulary and language skills. You'll build early literacy skills while bonding with your child; it's a win-win! Register and log at https://griver.beanstack.org/ or on the free Beanstack Tracker app. You can get started today even if you'd rather not visit the library in person. When you're ready, check in at your local library to see how they award small prizes along the way.
Year in Reading 2021 (teens and adults)
January 1 - December 31, 2021
New year, new you! Explore all that the Great River Regional Library has to offer in this year-long challenge for ages 12 and up. Each month features a new topic with themed activities to help you learn about library materials and resources. What will you discover this year?
*For an extra challenge, log the books you read all year long. Can you read a book each week for a total of 52?