We welcome you as an applicant for employment with Great River Regional Library (GRRL). We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, public assistance status, veteran status, local human rights commission activity or any other basis protected by law. To view applicant's rights under Federal Employment Laws, click here.
GRRL accommodates qualified persons with disabilities in all aspects of employment, including the application process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 320-650-2515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
**TIPS FOR COMPLETING APPLICATION – PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING YOUR APPLICATION AS THERE HAVE BEEN SOME RECENT CHANGES TO THE APPLICATION PROCESS AS OF 12/18/2017. (For best results, use Chrome or the most up to date version of Internet Explorer. We don't recommend using a cell phone or laptop to complete your application. The new application process now includes a "Save and Finish Later" feature.
Allow 30-60 minutes to complete the application process. Using special characters such as ( )*# in your answers will result in an error.
- The first step in the application process is to "Sign In". You will need to enter in your email address and then click "Continue". A Verification Code will be sent to your email address. You will need to enter the Verification Code into the Verification Code box and then click "Verify". You will also be asked your first and last name.
- The second step will be to complete the "My Profile" section of the application. This can be found on the left hand side of the page. The required boxes for completion are Personal Info, Voluntary Self-Identification, Experience and Education. It is important that your application show all of the relevant education and experience you possess or put NA if not applicable. Applicants who submit incomplete applications or who leave the Experience and Education sections blank, may not be considered.
- Next, click on the Current Job Openings (also found on the left hand side of the page), and click on the current opening that you are interested in applying for.
- If you wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must submit the appropriate documentation. Click here for Information Regarding Claiming Veterans’ Preference. This documentation must be received by the closing date of the posting in order to be considered. You may attach this documentation to your application, email it to email@example.com, fax it to 320-650-2535 or mail it to Human Resources, Great River Regional Library, 1300 W. St. Germain, St. Cloud, MN 56301.
- Instead of leaving a question blank on your application, enter “NA” if not applicable. Leaving a question blank may result in an error and will not allow you to submit the application or will be considered ineligible. Putting “see resume” is not an acceptable response for any entries on the application.
- An education equivalency will be based on one and a half years of direct experience equals one year of formal education.
- Submit a transcript if a degree is required for the position unless you are claiming equivalent experience.
- Once you have submitted an application, your basic information will be stored under your user profile if applying for any other positions in the future.
- You will receive an email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org thanking you for your application once it has been successfully submitted.
Data Practices Notice: Any information about yourself that you provide during the application process will be used to identify you as an applicant and to assess your qualifications for employment. You are not legally required to provide any of the information on the application. However, failure to provide the information requested may mean your application will not be considered. Please refer to the Applicant Data Practices Advisory below for information regarding what is considered public and private information as an applicant, and if you are selected for the position, as an employee.