If you prefer a visual view for databases, you can try our Learn page.
Need help? Ask a Librarian.
Resources available to everyone:
- Practice for the Minnesota DMV Permit and access Minnesota Driver's Manuals.
- Online ebook collection for all Minnesotans featuring content from our state's independent publishers, including some of our best literature and nonfiction.
- eLibrary Minnesota - A collection of databases (including many of those listed below) available to residents of Minnesota. These can be accessed without a library card within Minnesota. If you are traveling you will need to use your library card and the links below.
Historical Minneapolis Tribune
- Contains full-text and article images from the Minneapolis Tribune (1867-1908) and the Minneapolis Morning Tribune (1909-1922).
- Search the collection of more than 40,000 images and documents depicting the history of Minnesota.
- Search Public and Academic library catalogs and request materials through Interlibrary Loan.
Mn Writes Mn Reads
- Create, Share, Read. Local authors: create eBooks and share them with readers across Minnesota and potentially the United States. Readers: find eBooks published by independent local and national authors.
Northstar Digital Literacy
- Northstar helps test your computer skills. You can build skills in key areas, and demonstrate your knowledge by earning certificates and badges.
Prepare for your future now! This resource is funded in part with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310 – Library Services and Technology Act, Grants to States Program (LS-00-18-0024-18).
St Cloud Times Index
- A historical index containing brief summaries of local news articles and obituaries. Copies of articles may be requested from your local branch library.
Resources only available in the library:
Ancestry for Libraries
: Genealogy tool with access to over 7,000 databases and millions of unique, full-text primary sources and enhanced images. Access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely through 3/31/2021, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.
APS Journals Homepage
- Provides access to Physical Review Letters, Physical Review X, Physical Review, and Reviews of Modern Physics.
- Online access to magazines to which GRRL subscribes. (In-library use only)
- Genealogy tool with access to billions of unique profiles and family trees.
MCIS - Basic/ABE (Minnesota Career Information System)
Offers a wealth of career, educational and labor market information such as learning styles, employability, interest and skill assessments. To save your portfolio, your first use must be in the library to establish an account. This resource is funded in part with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310 – Library Services and Technology Act, Grants to States Program (LS-00-18-0024-18).
Resources available to GRRL area resident with barcode:
Academic Search Premier
- Search scholarly publications across all academic disciplines - Full Text Articles. Also available through ELM
- Search for alternative, holisitic health & wellness information - Full Text Articles. Also available through ELM
Ancestry Library Edition
- Genealogy tool with access to over 7,000 databases and millions of unique, full-text primary sources and enhanced images. Access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely through 3/31/2021, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.
Business Source Premier
- Search in business magazines, company profiles, market research, country economic reports, trade publications, etc. Updated daily. Also available through ELM
Consumer Health Complete
- Search a variety of sources that support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. Also available through ELM
- ERIC®, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources. Also available through ELM
- Full text of popular magazine and scholarly journal articles covering all subject areas including multimedia, primary source documents, and reference books. Also available through ELM
Gale In Context: Middle School
- age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more. Students will find outstanding support to complete assignments in core subjects including literature, science, social studies, and history. Also available through ELM
Gale In Context: High School
- authoritative and continuously updated reference content with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites. Also available through ELM
- Resource for information about enviromental issues. Also available through ELM
- Learning resources for all ages including practice tests for GED, GRE, SAT, ACT, TOEFL, ESL, civil service and citizenship exams, ESL and AP courses, and a Job and Career Help Center. Also available through ELM
- 3,000+ courses on business, technical and creative skills from the comfort of your home or office. Now part of Linkedin.
- Specifically for high school students, contains full text for popular, high school magazines, biographies, primary source documents, photos, maps and flags, and reference books. Also available through ELM
- Search a variety of popular magazines and other sources for for Full-text articles, images, reviews and documents. Also available through ELM
MCIS - full version (Minnesota Career Information System)
Offers a wealth of career, educational and labor market information in one comprehensive, easy-to-use tool. MCIS includes: Learning styles, employability, interest and skill assessments and information on colleges, program requirements for various occupations. This resource is funded in part with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310 – Library Services and Technology Act, Grants to States Program (LS-00-18-0024-18)
- Search all four EBSCO databases at once - Academic Search Premier, MasterFILE Premier, Business Source Premier, and Regional Business News. Also available through ELM
Middle Search Plus
- Search popular, middle school magazines, biographies and historical essays, primary source documents, images and reference books. Also available through ELM
- Find new fiction titles to read. Search by favorite author, title or series and find similar titles, reviews and reading group guides.
- Search children's books by favorite author, title or series and find similar titles, reviews and reading group guides.
- A curricular content hub specifically designed for K-5 students. Modules include Animals and Biographies in the PebbleGo (K-3) tab, and States and American Indian History in the PebbleGo Next (3-5) tab. Informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports including read-along audio and word-by-word highlighting. Also available through ELM
Points of View Reference Center
- Provides students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of over 250 current issues - Full Text. Also available through ELM
- Search popular, elementary school magazines, as well as encyclopedias and dictionaries written for kids, plus an image collection of photos, maps, and flags. Also available through ELM
- 60 languages. 3 million lessons. The world's largest language-learning service.
ProQuest US Newsstream
- Search the Minneapolis Star Tribune, St. Cloud Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Barron's, USA Today, and hundreds of other newspapers - Full Text. Also available through ELM
- Includes directories for Canadian businesses, and U.S. businesses and residences with contact information, affiliations, and brief histories. Consumers/Lifestyles database offers market research information.
Regional Business News
- Search business journals, newspapers, and newswires from metropolitan and rural areas across the U.S. Updated daily. Full Text.
Science Reference Center
- Science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. covering the areas of biology, chemistry, environmental and life sciences, and more. Full Text. Also available through ELM
Teacher Reference Center
- Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 270 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- Animated talking picture books that can be read or listened to from any computer at home or at the library.
WorldCat (OCLC FirstSearch)
- Catalog of books, videos, DVDs, Web resources and other library materials owned by libraries worldwide. Includes ArticleFirst, ClasePeriodica, Ebooks, ECO, ERIC, GPO, MEDLINE, OAIster, PapersFirst, Proceedings, and WorldCatDissertations records. Also available through ELM