If you prefer a graphical view for databases, you can try our Learn page.
Need help? Ask a Librarian.
Resources available to everyone:
- Practice for the Minnesota DMV Permit and access Minnesota Driver's Manuals.
Historical Minneapolis Tribune
- Contains full-text and article images from the Minneapolis Tribune (1867-1908) and the Minneapolis Morning Tribune (1909-1922).
- Search the collection of more than 40,000 images and documents depicting the history of Minnesota.
- Search Public and Academic library catalogs and request materials through Interlibrary Loan.
St Cloud Times Index
- A historical index containing brief summaries of local news articles and obituaries. Copies of articles may be requested from your local branch library.
- Online ebook collection for all Minnesotans featuring content from our state's independent publishers, including some of our best literature and nonfiction.
Mn Writes Mn Reads
- Create, Share, Read. Local authors: create eBooks and share them with readers across Minnesota and potentially the United States. Readers: find eBooks published by independent local and national authors.
Northstar Digital Literacy
- Northstar helps test your computer skills. You can build skills in key areas, and demonstrate your knowledge by earning certificates and badges.
Prepare for your future now! This resource is funded in part with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310 – Library Services and Technology Act, Grants to States Program (LS-00-18-0024-18).
Resources only available in the library:
Ancestry for Libraries
: Genealogy tool with access to over 7,000 databases and millions of unique, full-text primary sources and enhanced images. Access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.
APS Journals Homepage
- Provides access to Physical Review Letters, Physical Review X, Physical Review, and Reviews of Modern Physics.
- Online access to magazines to which GRRL subscribes. (In-library use only)
MCIS - Basic/ABE (Minnesota Career Information System)
Offers a wealth of career, educational and labor market information such as learning styles, employability, interest and skill assessments. To save your portfolio, your first use must be in the library to establish an account. This resource is funded in part with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310 – Library Services and Technology Act, Grants to States Program (LS-00-18-0024-18).
- Genealogy tool with access to billions of unique profiles and family trees.
Resources available to GRRL area resident with barcode:
- Search for alternative, holisitic health & wellness information - Full Text Articles
Ancestry Library Edition
- Genealogy tool with access to over 7,000 databases and millions of unique, full-text primary sources and enhanced images. Access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.
- Describes items listed on the table of contents pages of individual issues of over 12,000 journals
Business Source Premier
- Search in business magazines, company profiles, market research, country economic reports, trade publications, etc. Updated daily.
- Auto repair information searchable by year, make and/or model. (Works best with Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer 11)
Clase and Periódica
- Search articles from 2,600 scholarly journals published in the Spanish, Portuguese, French, and English languages.
Consumer Health Complete
- Search a variety of sources that support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics.
- Index of records for more than 665,000 eBooks that have been cataloged by OCLC member libraries.
Electronic Collections Online
- Bibliographic information for more than 5,000 electronic journals from over 70 publishers in a wide range of subject areas
- ERIC®, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources. (OCLC)
- ERIC®, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources. (EBSCO)
- Full text of popular magazine and scholarly journal articles covering all subject areas including multimedia, primary source documents, and reference books
Gale In Context: Middle School
- age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more. Students will find outstanding support to complete assignments in core subjects including literature, science, social studies, and history.
Gale In Context: High School
- authoritative and continuously updated reference content with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites
GPO Monthly Catalog
- Search all types of U.S. government documents from the executive, judicial and legislative areas.
- Resource for information about enviromental issues.
- Learning resources for all ages including practice tests for GED, GRE, SAT, ACT, TOEFL, ESL, civil service and citizenship exams, ESL and AP courses, and a Job and Career Help Center.
- 3,000+ courses on business, technical and creative skills from the comfort of your home or office. Now part of Linkedin.
MAS Ultra - School Edition
- Specifically for high school students, contains full text for popular, high school magazines, biographies, primary source documents, photos, maps and flags, and reference books.
- Search a variety of popular magazines and other sources for for Full-text articles, images, reviews and documents.
MCIS - full version (Minnesota Career Information System)
Offers a wealth of career, educational and labor market information in one comprehensive, easy-to-use tool. MCIS includes: Learning styles, employability, interest and skill assessments and information on colleges, program requirements for various occupations. This resource is funded in part with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310 – Library Services and Technology Act, Grants to States Program (LS-00-18-0024-18)
- Index of thousands of records covering all areas of medicine, public health, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and the basic biomedical sciences.
- Search all four EBSCO databases at once - Academic Search Premier, MasterFILE Premier, Business Source Premier, and Regional Business News.
Middle Search Plus
- Search popular, middle school magazines, biographies and historical essays, primary source documents, images and reference books.
- Find new fiction titles to read. Search by favorite author, title or series and find similar titles, reviews and reading group guides.
- Search children's books by favorite author, title or series and find similar titles, reviews and reading group guides.
- Search a large catalog of digital resources, including descriptive information about each resource and images.
- OCLC index of papers presented at conferences worldwide
- Provides rich, interactive curriculm content on animals and biographies for K-3 students
- Provides rich, interactive curriculm content on US states and American Indian History for students in 3-5th grades.
- Search popular, elementary school magazines, as well as encyclopedias and dictionaries written for kids, plus an image collection of photos, maps, and flags.
- OCLC index of worldwide conference proceedings. Contains in each record a list of the papers presented at each conference.
- 60 languages. 3 million lessons. The world's largest language-learning service.
ProQuest US Newsstream
- Search the Minneapolis Star Tribune, St. Cloud Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Barron's, USA Today, and hundreds of other newspapers - Full Text
- Includes directories for Canadian businesses, and U.S. businesses and residences with contact information, affiliations, and brief histories. Consumers/Lifestyles database offers market research information.
Regional Business News
- Search business journals, newspapers, and newswires from metropolitan and rural areas across the U.S. Updated daily. - Full Text
Science Reference Center
- Science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. covering the areas of biology, chemistry, environmental and life sciences, and more. Full Text
Teacher Reference Center
- Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 270 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- Animated talking picture books that can be read or listened to from any computer at home or at the library.