Did you visit your local library as a child? Were you impacted by the library's programs, services, or collection? Have you utilized the library's free access to computers and wifi?
Leave your legacy by giving back to your community through your local library. Your decision will make a lasting impact and continue to preserve and enhance the library.
What is a planned gift?
A planned gift is a charitable donation that financially benefits both the donor and institution receiving the gift. Planned gifts include outright gifts, bequests, life insurance, retirement plans (IRA or 401(k)), and charitable trusts.
Including Great River Regional Library in your will is an easy way to give back. With the help of an attorney, you may include a bequest for the library within your will. Sample language include:
- I give to Great River Regional Library $ __________. This is an unrestricted gift and may be used to further the mission and programs of the Library.
- I give to Great River Regional Library all (or ___ percent) of the residue of my estate. This is an unrestricted gift and may be used to further the mission and programs of the Library.
By designating the library as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, annuity, CD, or retirement plan can be an effective way to eliminate estate taxes.
For Your Advisor
Your attorney may want to know
- Great River Regional Library is not classified as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Great River Regional Library's tax ID number is 41-0976030.
- all donations are tax-deductible
Communications and Development Coordinator
Direct: (320) 650-2532