Exam Proctoring in GRRL Libraries
To support the library’s mission of lifelong learning opportunities, GRRL staff may proctor tests for secondary and postsecondary education students. However, some restrictions do apply:
- Library staff cannot:
- Proctor any exams for licensing or pre-licensing classes,
- Modify any public access computer settings for the exam,
- Guarantee enforcement of which items a student can have present during an exam,
- Guarantee enforcement of time limits, or
- Hold personal belongings during the student’s exam.
- Library staff can only sign the GRRL proctoring form. Staff cannot sign any forms provided by outside institutions.
For school year 2020-2021: Time limits may be set in order to mitigate potential transmission of Covid-19. Students should check with local library staff to ensure that their exam can be completed within the library's set time limits.
It is the responsibility of the student requesting proctoring to verify that GRRL guidelines and conditions are acceptable to the instructor/institution prior to scheduling the exam.
Great River Regional Library does not set eligibility requirements for proctoring services.
Charges and Costs
GRRL charges $10 per session for proctoring services. The student is also responsible for any incidental costs, including printing the exam and postage to return the exam. Payment is due when the exam is administered. To pay by check or credit card (where available), the patron needs to have a valid GRRL card.
Scheduling an Exam
- Exams must be scheduled with staff with at least one week notice.
- Students must provide contact information for themselves and the instructor (name, telephone number, email, and institution) as well as the expected time and date of the exam.
- A valid Minnesota Driver's License or government ID must be submitted to staff for verification of identity.
- Staff will only administer exams during regular library hours. If no staff person is available at the scheduled time, the exam may need to be rescheduled or canceled.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the library receives the exam or password before the exam date/time.
- Completed written examinations will be returned to the testing institution using only postage-paid envelopes provided by the student or the testing institution. Exams will not be scanned or faxed.
- The Library is not responsible for completed examinations which have gone astray due to postal delays.
- The Library will not keep copies of completed examinations.
- Exams left in the care of the Library for over one month will be discarded.
- Library staff cannot interpret test instructions for the student nor assist in any technical manner with online tests.
- Great River Regional Library reserves the right to refuse to proctor any exam too burdensome or exacting in its demands.