Sauk Centre update - 6/29/20
Print2Go: Print from your home computer, phone or other device remotely via Print2Go. Prints are held in the que for 24 hours. Find helpful instructions here. Call the library 320-352-3016 from curbside to pay for and pick up your prints via contactless pickup.
Library Card Application: Apply online (we will email your ecard information) or fill out a paper application from our pickup cart during library hours. Call us when you are curbside with your completed application and ID. We will pick this up in our tub and bring inside to process and return with card. Renewals: We will verify and update your information over the phone and issue a replacement card if yours needs to be replaced.
Fines Payment: Have a fine and do not want to pay online? Let us know when you arrive curbside by calling 320-352-3016.
Wi-Fi Access: WiFi is accessible near our building (best signal in front and on the north side) and may be accessed from your vehicle parked on main street.
Returning items/book drops
- Our outside book drop is open 24/7. (Inside book drop is closed.)
- Returns go in to a 72-hour quarantine before staff bring upstairs to check in.
- You may see item still on your card for several days after you return the item. No fines will incur if you returned by the due date, as we are backdating check-ins.
Donations of books/other items
Please do not donate materials during this closure. We welcome your donations when we reopen and no longer must quarantine items. Thank you for your patience.
Computer and WiFi Study Room Appointments
We are now offering individual computer appointments for essential business use and WiFi study room use by appointment. Call 320-352.3016 to set up a time. Time is limited to 1 hour per person a day. Appointments will be available during our regularly scheduled hours:
Monday 12-5pm, Tuesday 2-8pm, Wednesday 10am-5pm, Thursday 2-8pm, Friday 12-5pm, and Saturday 10am-1pm.
Mask use encouraged, but required for staff assistance.
When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, call 320-352-3016 and identify yourself. Wait behind the red line on the sidewalk. Staff will come down and let you in to the building while social distancing. Please use the sanitizer station in the entry and pick up your appointment information slip before going upstairs. Follow the signs while social distancing to your reserved computer or WiFi use study room.
Summer Reading Program
Dig Deeper at Your Library! The Summer Reading Program for kids and teens is happening June 1 through July 31 -- use Beanstack, design your own reading goal, or pick up a tracking sheet from our box next to the book drop at the Sauk Centre library! Register on Beanstack here.
Everyone ages 0-18 that completes the challenge will get a prize and a book. There are lots of amazingly cool prizes. Prizes will be awarded later this summer. Sponsored by the Friends of the Sinclair Lewis Library.
- In library programs/events/outreach have been postponed/cancelled for all of June, July & August.
- The Great Library Road Trip Explore your Great River Regional Libraries this summer as you travel around central Minnesota. Visit as many of our 32 libraries as you can to find each code and earn each badge! Use the Beanstack app or pick up a paper form from our Summer Reading Program box by the book drop.
- Giant I-Spy is back! It’s outside with other games in our windows by the book drop. Complete an entry form and return in our book drop. A new list and chance to win each week! Sponsored by the Friends of the Sinclair Lewis Library.
- A new Story Stroll will be on our lawn each week for you and your family to enjoy.
- Take and Make Craft Kits for kids are available each week during library hours from our pickup cart. There are also new coloring and activity sheets.
- Watch for additional programs coming soon!!!