Look Up! Explore Our Universe:
The James Webb Space Telescope Challenge
Explore our universe with the James Webb Space Telescope Challenge. Learn all about the science behind NASA’s newest space telescope mission, the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST). Scheduled to launch this winter, JWST is the most advanced infrared space telescope ever launched and will allow us to look deeper into time and space than ever before! Help your library win a collection of programming materials from NASA @ My Library by logging your reading and completing activities. Earn new badges all month long!
"Look Up! Explore Our Universe" is a challenge for all ages on our Beanstack app! The challenge runs the duration of the month, December 1 through 31.
When you sign up for this Beanstack challenge, you will receive the following:
- Earth and space science book recommendations by reading levels;
- Accountability to track your reading log;
- Badge activities to learn more about...
- Exoplanets: planets that orbit other stars in different solar systems
- Infrared radiation: a type of light that is invisible to the human eye but can be felt as heat
- Galaxies: a huge collections of gas, dust, and billions of stars and their solar systems, all held together by gravity
Register and log at https://griver.beanstack.org/ or on the free Beanstack Tracker app.