To preserve the library’s collection, equipment, and furnishings in order to provide a useful as well as comfortable environment, the following guidelines have been established:
- To preserve the library’s collection, equipment, and furnishings in order to provide a useful as well as comfortable environment, the following guidelines have been established:
- Food is not permitted anywhere in the library, except for:
- The lobby area between the front doors and the security gate.
- First floor community meeting rooms and kitchenette.
- Beverages may be consumed in the library in accordance with the following provisions and restrictions:
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the library or on library grounds.
- Beverages must be in a container having a lid or cap designed to prevent or minimize spillage. Glass is not an acceptable container.
- Beverages are not allowed anywhere near the computers or electronic equipment of any kind.
- Library staff will have final approval over any sort of beverage container or food item permissible in the library and reserve the right to exclude any container or food item for any reason.
- Patrons in violation of this policy will be required to immediately dispose of their food or drink items or to leave the library.
- Empty containers must be disposed of properly, spills cleaned up, and damaged library material brought to a library employee.
The Saint Cloud Public Library reserves the right to suspend this policy for special library events.
Thank you for your cooperation.