To Use the Digital Library for E-books
E-books can be transferred from a computer (Windows or Mac) to an e-book reader using Adobe Digital Editions; or, if you have an Internet-capable device, directly to your eReader/phone/tablet.
Compatible e-book readers include Sony Reader, Nook/Nookcolor, Kobo eReader and more.
Find a list of compatible e-book readers at www.overdrive.com/resources/drc
1. Adobe Digital Editions: www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
2. Required software for your device. (Example: Sony Readers require the “Reader Library Software.”)
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions. The “Setup Assistant” dialog box is displayed.
2. Click “Continue.” The “Activation” screen is displayed.
3. Under “Authorize Computer,” enter the email address and password for your Adobe ID.
If you do not have an Adobe ID, click “get an Adobe ID online.”
• Follow the instructions to sign up for an Adobe ID
• Return to the Activation screen
• Enter the email address and password for your Adobe account
4. Click “Activate.”
5. Click “Finish” to close the “Setup Assistant” dialog box.
Visit the Great River Digital Library
1. Browse for a title.
2. Check out with your information.
3. Download the title.
Transfer To Your E-book Reader
1. When you download your title, Adobe Digital Editions opens automatically.
2. Connect the e-book reader to your computer, and follow the prompts to authorize your device.
Use the same Adobe ID as entered in Step 2. When complete, the link for your reader should display under “Bookshelves.”
3. Drag and drop the Adobe E-book to your e-book reader
4. When the transfer is complete, disconnect the e-book reader and enjoy.
This information can be downloaded as a .pdf.