2022-2025 GRRL Strategic Plan2022-2025 GRRL Strategic Plan
For over 50 years, the residents of Benton, Morrison, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd and Wright have looked to Great River Regional Library for excellent and efficient public library services.
Our new long-range plan outlines how we will improve and enhance the lives of our residents and users. We aim to be the place where people in our communities can find and use trusted information they need to thrive.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: Explore, Learn, Connect.
Vision: The Neighborhood Gateway: Inspiring Central Minnesota to shape the future through exploration, knowledge and connection.
Theory of Change: People in our communities can find and use trusted information they need to thrive.
Core Values: Great River Regional Library is a PATRON CENTERED organization, and we express this commitment through three Core Values:
- We are an empowered, knowledgeable staff.
- We speak and act with honesty and integrity.
- We operate with respect for all, and appreciate our opportunity to serve.
- We provide free and equal access to information.
- We challenge ourselves to always do better.
- We explore innovation and new ideas.
- We are responsive to a changing world, and will build on past success.
- We promote lifelong learning.
- We anticipate future service needs.
- We build trust with one another, and operate as a team.
- We communicate openly.
- We create partnerships throughout the communities that we serve, to promote our libraries and services.
- We are inclusive, and embrace diversity.
Strategic Priority: Literacy
Our communities develop a strong culture of literacy.
Goal 1: Provide services to advance users’ literacy skills.
- Objective 1: Increase regularly offered virtual regional programs in areas identified in Edge benchmarks:
- How to use online government resources.
- Job search, workforce skills or professional certification.
- Using online health and wellness resources, including electronic health care.
- Small business development and entrepreneurship.
- Using or navigating online educational content resources.
- How to become a citizen.
- Objective 2: Expand the eBook, eAudiobook and database collection.
- Objective 3: Enhance the physical collection of library materials.
Strategic Priority: Access
All users feel welcome at the library and can easily access library services.
Goal 1: Expand efforts to make the library more welcoming and easier to access.
- Objective 1: Eliminate late fees on all library materials to remove a major barrier to access.
- Objective 2: Increase display of library materials to represent a wide range of experiences and viewpoints at all libraries.
- Objective 3: Have programs and services for patrons with special needs.
- Objective 4: Maximize accessibility of digital tools and library website.
Strategic Priority: Library Awareness
Community members view the library as a trusted institution in which to meet and exchange views.
Goal 1: Expand awareness of the library’s role in the community.
- Objective 1: Increase targeted advertising to reach a wider audience.
- Objective 2: Increase awareness of digital tools.
- Objective 3: Increase the information about diversity, equity and inclusion efforts with the GRRL Board.
- Objective 4: Build GRRL’s culture of philanthropy.
Goal 2: Develop partnerships and collaboration with community organizations.
- Objective 1: Maximize partnerships with community organizations that serve those unable to come to the library in person.
- Objective 2: Increase collaboration with community organizations to offer resources and provide training and skill building.
- Objective 3: Increase presentations about library services to share information and gather feedback.
- Objective 4: Increase donor support of the library.
Strategic Priority: Operational Excellence
We use resources effectively and anticipate future needs.
Goal 1: Enhance efforts to offer effective and welcoming library service.
- Objective 1: Increase training to support access and awareness.
- Objective 2: Improve recruitment processes and job descriptions.
- Objective 3: Have a formal assessment process for library programs and services.
- Objective 4: Continue efforts to address diversity, equity & inclusion in the library.
- Objective 5: Maximize library financial investment options.
Goal 2: Provide up-to-date library technology.
- Objective 1: Have a formal library technology management plan, and make it available for all staff to consult.
- Objective 2: Have a formal network security practices document for timely application of updates and patches.