While library buildings are closed, there are multiple options for library services from the comfort of your home.
If you have a question, you can use the 24/7 Ask A Librarian service to chat with a librarian anytime. They can help with reference questions, technology questions, and more.
- If you live in our service area, you may apply for an eCard online. With your eCard, you can access our digital materials (eBooks, eAudiobooks, online databases, and more). Library staff will email you within two business days with an online-only barcode.
- If you have a library card but it's expired, you can renew online with our web form.
With your library card, you can access a world of eBooks and eAudiobooks. You can use these either on a computer or a tablet/phone with an app from your app store. If there an eBook or eAudiobook title that we do not own, we will be working to order additional books, please Suggest A Title and select your preferred format.
- Libby/OverDrive has both eBooks and eAudiobooks - Libby/OverDrive help page
- Axis360 also has eBooks and eAudiobooks - Axis 360 Help page
- eBooks MN has many eBooks for download (with no library card required!) - Biblioboard Help page
- TumbleBooks has narrated picture books, graphic novels, and even puzzles & games - TumbleBooks Help page
eLibraryMN and our Learn page with Databases A-Z can be a great place to work on a research project, learn a language with Pronunciator, learn more about your family tree with HeritageQuest, get factual health information, find test preparation materials, and much more!