Library buildings are closed until further notice as we prepare to follow Minnesota Department of Health guidance on social distancing. We are working on reopening in phases and making sure safety protocols are in place as well as the supplies to maintain them. We are offering many services, including curbside pick up of requested items at all libraries, and are working to add others. Book drops are open during curbside hours for returning materials. You can find any updates to questions on this page, and we will note when it has been updated.
Updated 5/22/2020 11:56 a.m.
Curbside service/picking up materials
- All branches are providing curbside pick up of requested items during the hours listed on this page.
- Buildings will remain closed until further notice to align with social distancing guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- To request items, you may use our online catalog or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775).
- Sartell GRRL2GO lockers are available during limited hours; patrons will receive contact about picking up items from the lockers.
- Requested items will be held for 10 days, instead of our usually 7 days, to allow for additional time to pick up.
- We have a hotline for phone calls--you may call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775).
- Hotline hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m, Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friendly library staff are happy to answer library and community questions, as well as reference questions.
- You may also call libraries directly during their hours.
Returning items/book drops
- Book drops are available for returns during curbside hours.
- If a book drop is closed, please do not leave items for return.
- Due dates are still extended until June 8.
- Items due during the closure have extended due dates until June 8.
- Items should not accrue fines at this time, but if some items do accrue fines, library staff will be happy to remove them when libraries reopen.
- For exact due dates for your items, you may login to your account online or call us at 1-833-GET-GRRL.
Reference and other questions
- You may call 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) for help with accounts, borrowing materials, and more.
- You can use our online chat service 24/7 or email us.
- Please do not leave voice mails on library answering machines; staff are not in buildings to check these.
Requesting items/items on hold
- Items on hold will expire within 10 days, an extension of our previous 7 day hold, to allow more time for pickup.
- Items on hold before our closure were extended to May 23; these items will expire as usual.
- You may still place items on request via our catalog.
Donations of books/other items
- Please do not donate materials during this closure.
- If your library card has expired, you may submit a renewal request online.
- You may also call us to renew your account over the phone: 1-833-GET-GRRL (1-833-438-4775) or your local library.
Registering for a library card
- All ages may register for cards online.
- Accounts may be upgraded from e-cards to regular cards during curbside hours.
- eBooks/eAudiobooks are still available for patrons via OverDrive/Libby, Axis360, eBooksMN, TumbleBooks, etc.
- We are working to add materials to the online collections.
- New service! We've added Hoopla, a streaming service to our roster of digital content, which has telvision, movies, music, eBooks and eAudiobooks, all with no waiting! Limited to 4 checkouts per card per month.
- New books, DVDs, and other items are being added to our catalog regularly; these are available by request online or over the phone for curbside pickup.
- Additional resources are being added to our digital page as they are available.
- In-person library programs/events/outreach have been postponed or cancelled until further notice.
- You can find online events on our virtual events page.
- We are streaming programs on GRRL's Facebook--no login required.
- We are running online reading and activity challenges on Beanstack for all ages.